YouTube, Meet Bullshit Artist. Bullshit Artist, Meet YouTube.
October 11, 2006 Leave a Comment
First, watch Aleksey Vayner’s video resume, above. Among the claims he’s made in the video and elsewhere:
- Can serve a 140 mph tennisball and lift 915 pounds.
- Is the second greatest martial artist in the world.
- Received a letter of recommendation to Yale from the Dalai Lama.
- Was tennis pro to Sarah Michelle Gellar and Harrison Ford.
- Served simultaneously in the Greek Mafia and the CIA.
Then read IvyGate Blog’s dissection of his fraud. Dude lied about starting an investment company, lied about starting a charity, plagiarized a book about the Holocaust and sold it on Lulu.com, and much more. Yale’s Daily News is now on the story.
Bonus! – Vayner sent IvyGate Blog a cease and desist letter ostensibly from his attorney. It turned out to have been copied from the first hit on a Google search for cease and desist letter. Mmm… That’s good schadenfreude!
P.S. YouTube yanked the video, so I’m using Veoh, which is exactly the same thing.
– That Lying Old Fraud Michel Thomas Has Died